A delicious Recipes is actually wanted by everyone, just because a delicious Recipes may be the beginning of your happy family. Therefore for you personally housewives, create tasty, delicious and balanced dishes. If you're after a Recipes or menu for Authentic Bahamian Peas and Rice, you've located it, listed below are available thousands of delicious food selection food, the Authentic Bahamian Peas and Rice recipes is among the favorite menus with this blog.
|Authentic Bahamian Peas and Rice|
"This is an authentic version of Bahamian peas and rice, I am a native of the Bahamas and that is how it was taught to me, hope you revel in it. Serve with any prepared meat."
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- half of inexperienced bell pepper, chopped
- eight oz cubed cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled (non-compulsory)
- eight oz corned red meat, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pigeon peas, drained
- 2 sprigs clean thyme
- salt and pepper to flavor
- 1 (10 ounce) can coconut milk
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce
- three cups uncooked brown rice
|Prep : 10M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 55M|
- Heat oil in a massive pot over medium warmness. Add the onion, and fry till obvious. Stir in the inexperienced pepper, ham, tomato paste, tomato, bacon, corned pork, and pigeon peas. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the coconut milk, water and browning sauce, and bring to a boil. Stir in the rice. Return to a boil, then stir, cover, and decrease the heat to low. Simmer for approximately 45 minutes, till rice is soft. Stir every now and then.
If this Authentic Bahamian Peas and Rice recipe suits your family's flavor, please share, remark and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the check out!