A delicious Recipes is actually required by everyone, just because a delicious Recipes may be the beginning of an happy family. Consequently for you personally housewives, create tasty, delicious and nutritious dishes. If you're after a Recipes or menu for WWII Oatmeal Molasses Cookies, you've determined it, listed below are available thousands of delicious food selection meals, the WWII Oatmeal Molasses Cookies recipes is among the favorite menus with this blog.
|WWII Oatmeal Molasses Cookies|
"This became my Grandmother's recipe from the 1940's. These cookies use molasses in location of brown sugar, which became one of the items rationed at some stage in the warfare (and harder to get than white sugar, they tell me). To me they may be higher than regular oatmeal cookies!"
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- three/four cup shortening
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 tablespoons light molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- half of cup chopped walnuts (elective)
- half cup raisins (elective)
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 48M||Ready in : 45M|
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five ranges C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another big bowl, beat the sugar with the shortening until clean and creamy; blend in beaten eggs, molasses, and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry components. Stir in walnuts and raisins. Drop by means of teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to twelve minutes, or until barely browned. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes earlier than removing to a twine rack to cool completely.
If this WWII Oatmeal Molasses Cookies recipe fits your family's preference, please share, remark and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the visit!