A delicious Recipes is actually wanted by everyone, just because a delicious Recipes may be the beginning of your happy family. Hence for you personally housewives, create scrumptious, delicious and wholesome dishes. Recipes or menu for Surullitos de Maiz (Cornmeal Sticks), you've identified it, listed below are available thousands of delicious menus meals, the Surullitos de Maiz (Cornmeal Sticks) recipes is among the favorite menus with this blog.
|Surullitos de Maiz (Cornmeal Sticks)|
"Fried corn sticks are a commonplace appetizer here in Puerto Rico. Although time eating, it's miles properly really worth the effort. Be certain to consume them immediately. I discover that after the corn sticks have gone bloodless, they're about as tasty as bloodless French fries."
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/four teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- five tablespoons white sugar, or to taste (optional)
- 4 oz. Edam cheese, shredded
- 2 cups oil for deep frying
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 10M||Ready in : 35M|
- Combine the water and salt in a saucepan, and produce to a boil. Remove from the warmth, and stir in the cornmeal and sugar. Return to medium warmness, and cook stirring continuously till the mixture pulls far from the sides of the pan. Remove from warmth, and stir inside the Edam cheese till nicely combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the cornmeal combination into balls. Then roll the balls into small fat sticks approximately three inches long. In a medium bowl, mix collectively the ketchup and mayonnaise to make the dipping sauce. Set apart.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 375 degrees F (one hundred ninety tiers C). Carefully vicinity some of the corn sticks into the oil so they are not crowded. Fry till golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from hot oil, and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with the sauce.
If this Surullitos de Maiz (Cornmeal Sticks) recipe complements your family's tastes, please share, remark and bookmark this web site, so others know very well what you know. Many thanks for the visit!